The Elams got married in their favorite place with their favorite people – at HOME in Wilmington, North Carolina. They started with a ceremony at their boat dock (a quick golf cart ride across the street), then headed back to their backyard for the most LIVELY reception I have EVER shot!
It truly felt like we were at the headlining show of Coachella – or “Elamchella” – and the newlyweds looked like they were front row for their favorite artist. Isn’t that EXACTLY how your wedding reception should feel?! Happy anniversary, Elams!
- When their friends boated by the ceremony and everyone waved; doesn’t get more Wilmington than that!
- A colorful sailboat appeared right as they shared their first kiss as husband & wife; I like to think that was her dad’s doing <3
- GIANT DISCO BALLS! Need I say more?
- Their high-energy first dance to “Holy” by Justin Bieber
- Chase’s commitment to the reception feeling like “the last hour for 5 hours” (aka when the reception gets the MOST rowdy)
- KAT V! Their DJ & electric violinist. The most unique and epic reception entertainment I’ve ever seen!
- Sharing a Bud Light with the bride – both of our late dads’ drink of choice
- “Goodbye Earl” playing at the reception. Unexpected but absolute banger of a song choice!
Special thanks to all the vendors that made it such a special day: Susie Morris (hair); Beauty and Bloom (makeup); Mason Harbour Yacht Club (ceremony venue); Eric Ray (cocktail hour music); Kat V of VIP Violin (DJ/electric violinist); SpoonFed (catering)
LEAVE A COMMENT